Wednesday, December 17, 2008

End of Semester Update

Well, after attending school at a ridiculously inconsistent rate for the past two years I've finished my first semester of college without a single absence. Subsequently, this enabled me to finish with a 3.75 and allowed me some assurance that when I apply myself, to anything in life, I have the ability to succeed greatly. I start back up on January 5th and am excited for several of my classes.

Aside from school, I played very little poker throughout the semester. Unfortunately, I just never had much time to sit down and play well structured sessions. I'd just play a couple SNGs here and there, but basically on such a relaxed basis that I became very much a recreational player. However, I'm honestly happy about this. I know that the limited amount of time I spent playing and following poker enabled me to focus better on school and everything that surrounded it.

Also, I've started running everyday. Now that it's too cold outside to swim on a daily basis, I've had to start running. I decided back in March that I wanted to get on a fairly strict workout schedule and I'm finally where I want to be in that area. Throughout the spring/summer I would just swim a bunch of laps, do some push-ups and sit-ups and call it a day. But, now that I've been running so much those final few pounds I wanted off are gone and I'm really starting to tone. I've lost 70lbs since February, and about 20lbs of that has come off during the fall/winter since I've been running. Additional to the running, I've started working out with my weights that were collecting dust. I do all my exercises everyday, eat healthy, and sleep well. I've have honestly never felt better than I do now in my entire life and I fucking love it!

Fantasy Football went bad this year, but there's so much variance in it (especially this year!) that I don't take it too seriously. I actually finished 10/10, sheeesh, lol. I guess there's always next year... at least I won the league last year. Uhh, other sports: The Jags had their worst season in years, but...

This past weekend my friend, Corey, and I were given tickets to the Jags/Packers game. Alex, who works with Corey's dad, is a season ticket holder but he and Corey's dad got better tickets for free. So we got the left over tickets, which actually turned out to be pretty good seats. The Jags got their first win since beating the winless Lions back in October, so that was great to watch. After the game we went back to Alex's apartment downtown and had a bunch beers while we watched the Ravens/Steelers game. Well, Corey didn't have any because he was the designated driver, lol. It's cool though Corey, they were kinda skunked anyway. ;)

My life long Gators are playing for the 2nd BCS Championship in 3 years. I'm really excited plus word is that OU will be missing Murray, which is like basically death to them. I'd love to be able to transfer down to Gainesville after 2 years, but I've got a few schools I really like.

Aside from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the highlight of my winter break is coming up this weekend on Saturday night. We'll be having our first poker tournament since July (we had a cash game in September). I'm looking forward to it, and hope to have a positive blog to report in a few days when I post how it went.

No comments: